The monetary policy season appears to be over… at least for now. But that doesn’t mean that the markets are standing still.
Au contraire, participants in the global economy should steal some extra time off their busy schedules as they will have to track multiple events at a time, some of which include:
– Year over year Consumer Price Index report (GBP);
– Unemployment rate statement (AUD);
– Month over month core retail sales report (USD).
The monetary policy streak from last week continues as we now expect two more from:
- The Reserve Bank of Australia;
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
A FOMC statement is also included in next week’s markets agenda, as well as a few other notable events, all of which you can view in the detailed report below.
Winter is coming and, with it, some of the busiest 5 days we’ve seen since the heat of summer. For instance, next week is the week when:
– The Bank of Japan will release its monetary policy statement;
– The Bank of England will present a summary of their own monetary policy;
– BOE Gov Carney will hold a speech that could potentially spark volatility.
But we’re nowhere near the end of the list just yet. Discover what else is brewing on the global markets below.